Welcome

Welcome to GROM Audio blog!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

GROM Audio's: What is your favorite app, contest winners announced!

Submissions are in and smartphone users have weighed in on their favorite smartphone functionalities and applications. From GPS capabilities to music streaming, users submitted countless entries informing fellow GROM Audio fans of their favorite applications.

With the convenience the Internet at our finger tips, smartphone users have the ability to access much more than their favorite playlist or Internet radio station—now users can play games, read the news, or even watch TV. These powerful devices allow people to maintain their busy lives, while on-the-go, giving people more mobility than ever. 

Our three winners introduced unique ways they use their smartphones, sharing how apps they use regularly, impact their lives.

1st Place: Jordan Cambra

My favorite app has to be C:GEO. It's an open source app that uses your built-in GPS and locating services to help you find geo-caches! Geo-caching is a global hide and seek game where you use GPS coordinates to find hidden containers placed around the environment. If you live in an urban area like me, then there are handfuls of geo-caches within walking distance. However it is more fun to drive to less familiar places first and then start hunting. Of course I also use my phone for music with my GROM audio input, it makes the drive to my geo-caching destination just as much fun as the activity itself.


2nd Place: Peter P.
MINT because I can link my financial accounts and check it all on my phone. I can edit each transaction and do budgets. It really keeps me in check with my spending. It also gives me alerts when I have a bill coming up.


3rd Place: Chris M.
Channel app. Pro version. Watch just about any tv show or movie without popups. Works great with vizo co-star and after downloading The vplayer app and adjusting the settings works great on my galaxy nexus and nexus 7 as well. It destroys Netflix and free except for the pro version of the app which allows you to view movies.

The first place winner receives a $45 Amazon gift card, while second place receives a GROM t-shirt/cap combo and third a GROM t-shirt. Stay tuned to gromaudio.com and facebook.com/gromaudio for our next contest!


GROM Audio "Share with Us and Win an Awesome Prize! " Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment